LEM Natural Hog Casings
LEM's Natural Casings make juicier, tender sausage. They provide a distinctive "pop" when you bite into sausage stuffed in natural casings. These casings should be rinsed in warm water several times, then soaked in water for one hour until soft and pliable. Refrigerate after the bag has been opened. To store, cover casings with salt, place in an air-tight container and refrigerate. Properly salted and refrigerated, casings should last a year. Edible.
- Approximate Stuffed Weight: Hog Casings 8 oz.: 20 - 25 lbs
- Use for: brats, franks or metts
- Size: 32mm- 35mm (1 1/4" - 1 1/2")
- Preparation: Soak at least 1 hour in clear, warm water, change water regularly
- Cooking Method: broil, grill or fry