Ruger AR-556 Semi-Auto Rifle
HighlightsDue to limited quantities nationwide, current stock instore may not match online availability. Please call your local Shipton's Big R for availability.
The Ruger® AR-556® Semi-Auto Rifle operates with a traditional, direct-impingement system. A 6-position M4-style buttstock allows rapid adjustment according to the clothing and tactical gear the user wears, or for moving from open environments to tight quarters. The standard tactical handguard is made from heat-resistant, glass-filled nylon. The medium contour cold hammer-forged barrel has a 1:8" twist rate that stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains.
A Ruger flash suppressor is attached to the barrel with a 1/2"-28 thread. The barrel nut and delta ring are designed for 1-person removal and installation of most standard carbine length handguards. The anodized flattop upper receiver is made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum, and includes a forward assist, dust cover, and brass deflector. The Rapid Deploy folding rear sight adjusts for windage and elevation, and folds out of the way when optic sights are used; the A2-style front sight post is elevation adjustable (includes front sight tool).
The Ruger AR-556 Semi-Auto Rifle comes with one 30- or 10-round magazine. Operates with 5.56 NATO or .223 Remington ammunition.
- Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight provides windage adjustability, and pairs with the elevation adjustable front sight for a solid, reliable aiming system. The rear sight can be folded out of the way to make room for optics, but can be instantly redeployed if needed.
- Six-position, telescoping, M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters or varying levels of outerwear.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector.
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- Front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included. The A2-style, F-height front sight allows co-witness with many optics.
- Barrel nut and delta ring are designed for one person handguard removal and installation. This design accepts most standard carbine-length handguards. The barrel nut uses a standard wrench and can be swapped with a Mil-Spec barrel nut if desired.
- Milled gas block is located at a carbine-length (M4) position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for sling and accessory mounting options. Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
- Medium contour, cold hammer-forged barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. The 1:8" twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved reliability, and the matte black oxide finish reduces glare and provides corrosion resistance. A Ruger® flash suppressor is provided, and the 1/2"-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Bolt carrier and gas key have chrome-plated inside diameters to provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting.
- Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
- Also includes: One, 30-round Magpul® PMAG®
- Operates with direct-impingement system
- 6-position M4-style buttstock
- Heat-resistant handguard
- Medium contour barrel
- 1:8" rifling twist
- Anodized flattop upper receiver
- Forward assist and dust cover
- A2-style front sight
- Folding rear sight