Yukon Gold Seed Potatoes
Brand: Western Potato Company
Produces a big, early, great-tasting crop of yellow-fleshed spuds for baking or mashing. Delicious, rich flavor—you'll swear it's already been buttered! Gold skin is shallow-eyed. Sprout resistant, super for storage.
- Popular early potato
- Yellow-fleshed with rich flavor
- Thin, gold skins with shallow eyes
- Produces high yields
- Stores well
- Certified seed potatoes
- Botanical Name: Solanum tuberosum 'Yukon Gold'
- Height: 24 - 36 inches.
- Spacing: 12 to 15 inches with 30 - 36 inches between rows.
- Depth: 3 to 5 inches
- Spread: 18 - 24 inches.
- Light Required: Full Sun
- Yield: 100 lbs per 100 foot row.
- Color: White
- Size: 4 Lb Whole Potatoes
- Blooms: Early Summer.
- Fruit: Golden-yellow fleshed, smooth yellow skin with shallow eyes. Gourmet flavor.
- Days To Maturity: 60 - 80 Days
- Zone: 3-9
- Form: Vegetable, Potato
- Flower Form: Small white flowers.
- Soil Requirements: Fertile, well-drained sandy loam soil. pH 4.8 - 5.4. Will grow on higher pH, sometimes become scabby.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Seed Count: 2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make about 10 - 15 potato sets when cut and will plant 10 - 15 feet of row.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Foliage: Oval to elliptic, medium green.