FlyersCurrent PromotionsCurrent SalesCurrent Clearance
Want to setup a bee-hive at your home? Get started here.
Jul 19, 2022
Tasty Skewers Sure To Impress
Honey, Lime & Sriracha Chicken Skewers
Grilling season is amazing, because there are endless options for what you can have for dinner. A great kabob is exciting, so customize-able, and food on a stick is a winner for kids and adults, These chicken skewers marinated in honey, lime juice and Sriracha taste every bit as good as they look! Serve with veggies and rice.
Marinate 6 hours | Cook Time 30 Minutes | 4-6 Servings
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, from one lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1½ square inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (between 8-10), trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus a few whole sprigs for garnish
- Limes, sliced into wedges, for garnishing platter (optional)
- In a blender, combine the soy sauce, honey, oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, ginger, Sriracha and salt. Blend until completely smooth. Pour ½ cup of the marinade into a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (this will be your drizzling sauce).
- Combine the chicken and remaining marinade in a large Ziplock bag and seal tightly. Place in a bowl (in case of leakage) and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto skewers, folding the pieces in half if they are long and thin.
- Be sure the grill is clean, then preheat to medium-high heat. To grease the grill, lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over the grates several times until glossy and coated.
- Grill the chicken kebabs, covered, until golden brown and cooked through, turning skewers occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. (Keep an eye on it -- if they are browning too quickly, turn the heat down.)
- Transfer the skewers to a platter. Warm up the reserved marinade in the microwave and either drizzle it over top or pass it alongside. Scatter the chopped cilantro over top and garnish the platter with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Tzatziki (Cucumber Yogurt Salad)
Tzatziki, a cucumber yogurt salad, is a simple salad of peeled, sliced cucumbers, yogurt, dill, salt and pepper. It's great as a side to spicy dishes.
Prep Time 5 Minutes | Cook Time 5 Minutes | 4 Servings
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise, then sliced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, or a couple teaspoons of fresh dill
- Sprinkling salt and pepper
- Gently mix together the ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse our Backyard Cooking section for all the tools you need to grill like a pro!