Zesterra® for Horses
Zesterra® is an all-natural supplement designed to support horses during times of stress, such as hauling, heavy training, foaling and during times of extreme heat or cold.
Zesterra® is safe for all classes of horses including lactating mares and foals.
Zesterra® stimulates appetite and water consumption safely and naturally by balancing the pH of the stomach. It can be used as a flavor enhancer for horses that reject water from new sources when being hauled to new destinations.
- Horses with Active Ulcers or Symptoms: Give 1ml per 100 lbs of body weight orally
in the AM and PM for 14 days and then reduce to 1ml/100 lbs once a day for 14 Days.
Move to a .5ml/100 lbs daily maintenance thereafter. When these horses come under
stress use 1ml/100 lbs prior to the event (riding, hauling, weather change,
- Older Horses/Hard Keepers: Give 1ml/100 lbs orally for 10 days followed by
0.5ml/100 lbs daily until desired weight is achieved. Once desired weight is achieved,
give 1ml/100 lbs two to three times per week to maintain results.
- Ulcer Prone Horses/Horses in Rigorous Training: Follow the same protocol as
outlined above for Horses with Active Ulcers.
- Respiratory Infections/Shipping Fever: Give 1ml/100 lbs orally daily until symptoms
(cough, fever) subside. If antibiotics are prescribed, a daily dose of 1ml/100 lbs should
be used for at least 10 days past the last dose of antibiotics.
- Environmental Stress (Extreme Heat, Cold or Disease Outbreak): Give 1ml/100 lbs
orally prior to changes in weather or disease outbreak.
- Colic: Give 30ml – 50ml orally at the onset of colic. You may use up to 100mls. Please
contact your veterinarian if colic persists.
- Hauling: All horses should receive 1ml/100 lbs orally the day before leaving and every
day while away from home.
Colloidal Silver, water, corn oil, guar gum, orange extract, onion extract, soybean oil, glycerin, vegetable-based fatty acids, natural apple flavoring