Dark Red Norland Seed Potatoes
Brand: Western Potato Company
Red Norland's compact plants make it an ideal potato variety for smaller gardens. Enjoy early yields of extra-large tubers with thin red skins and white, fine-quality flesh. The small eyes and thin skins make peeling easy! An excellent potato for boiling and salads.
This early maturing variety is ready in just 70 days! Shows good resistance to bothersome scab. Did you know that Gurney's offers whole seed potatoes? These seed potato sets may be stored several weeks longer prior to planting and will produce up to 20% more than precut potatoes. Potatoes grow best in well-drained, sandy loam soil. Red Norland Potato does not do well in soggy soil.
- Thin red skins and small eyes
- White flesh is tasty fried and in potato pancakes
- Produces extra-large tubers
- Early season variety
- Shows good resistance to disease
- Certified seed potatoes
- Botanical Name: Solanum tuberosum 'Red Norland'
- Height: 20 - 25 inches.
- Spacing: 12 to 15 inches.
- Depth: 3 to 5 inches between plants and 30 to 36 inches between rows.
- Spread: 18 - 24 inches.
- Light Required: Full Sun
- Yield: 100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Size: 2 Lb Whole Potatoes
- Blooms: Early Summer, Mid Summer, Late Summer, All Summer
- Fruit: Smooth, round with shallow eyes, nearly round, thin red skin with white fine quality flesh.
- Zone: 3-9
- Form: Vegetable, potato, set.
- Soil Requirements: Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Seed Count: 2 lbs. of seed potatoes. If a seed potato is over 1 inch in diameter, you can cut them into pieces, leaving 1 - 2 eyes per piece. 2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make approximately 10 - 15 potato sets when cut and will plant a 10 - 15 foot row.
- Foliage: Green foliage.